Hines Global REIT II Risk Factors
Investing in shares of our common stock involves a high degree of risk. You should purchase shares only if you can afford a complete loss of your investment. Please see the “Risk Factors” section of the prospectus before purchasing our common shares. Hines Global REIT II elected to be taxed as a REIT for U.S. federal income tax purposes beginning with its taxable year ended December 31, 2015; though there is no guarantee that it will do so. Significant risks relating to an investment in our common shares include:
- This is our initial public offering. We have a limited operating history and the prior performance of other Hines affiliated entities may not be a good measure of our future results; therefore, there is no assurance we will be able to achieve our investment objectives;
- Our charter does not require us to pursue a transaction to provide liquidity to our stockholders and there is no public market for our common shares; therefore, you must be prepared to hold your shares for an indefinite length of time and, if you are able to sell your shares, you will likely sell them at a substantial discount;
- The offering prices of our Class A Shares and Class T Shares will not accurately represent the value of our assets at any given time, and the actual value of your investment may be substantially less;
- This is a blind pool offering and you will not have the opportunity to evaluate the additional investments we will make prior to purchasing shares of our common stock;
- This is a best efforts offering and as such, there is a risk that we will not be able to accomplish our business objectives and that the poor performance of a single investment will materially adversely affect our overall investment performance, if we are unable to raise substantial funds;
- The availability and timing of distributions we may pay is uncertain and cannot be assured;
- Distributions have exceeded earnings. Some or all of our distributions have been paid and may continue to be paid from sources such as proceeds from our debt financings, proceeds from this offering, cash advances by our Advisor, Hines Global REIT II Advisors LP, cash resulting from a waiver or deferral of fees and/or proceeds from the sale of assets. We have not placed a cap on the amount of our distributions that may be paid from any of these sources. If we continue to pay distributions from sources other than our cash flow from operations, we will have less funds available for the acquisition of properties, and your overall return may be reduced;
- There are significant restrictions and limitations on your ability to have any of your shares of our common stock redeemed under our share redemption program and, if you are able to have your shares redeemed, it may be at a price that is less than the price you paid and the then-current market value of the shares;
- If we internalize our management functions, we could incur adverse effects on our business and financial condition, including significant costs associated with becoming and being self-managed and the percentage of our outstanding common stock owned by our stockholders could be reduced;
- Due to the risks involved in the ownership of real estate investments, there is no assurance of any return on your investment and you may lose some or all of your investment;
- International investment risks, including the burden of complying with a wide variety of foreign laws and the uncertainty of such laws, the tax treatment of transaction structures, political and economic instability, foreign currency fluctuations, and inflation and governmental measures to curb inflation may adversely affect our operations and our ability to make distributions; and
- We rely on affiliates of Hines for our day-to-day operations and the selection of real estate investments. We pay substantial fees and other payments to these affiliates for these services. These affiliates are subject to conflicts of interest as a result of this and other relationships they have with us and other investment vehicles sponsored by Hines. We also compete with affiliates of Hines for tenants and investment opportunities, and some of those affiliates will have priority with respect to certain investment opportunities.
This investment is not suitable for all investors. Please refer to the prospectus for the particular suitability standards required in your state. You should read the prospectus carefully for a description of the risks associated with an investment in real estate and in Hines Global REIT II.
This material contains forward-looking statements (such as those concerning investment objectives, strategies, economic updates, other plans and objectives for future operations or economic performance, or related assumptions or forecasts) that are based on our current expectations, plans, estimates, assumptions and beliefs that involve numerous risks and uncertainties, including without limitation, those in the "Risk Factors" section of the prospectus and in this presentation. Any of these statements could be inaccurate, and actual events or our investments and results of operations could differ materially from those expressed or implied. You are cautioned not to place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements.