Hines is the sponsor of HMS Income Fund, the non-traded business development company sold through Hines Securities. Over the last 60 years, Hines built a reputation through the firm's focus on integrity, quality and conservative business practices. This commitment helped win the confidence of major corporations, pension funds, insurance companies and other institutional investors seeking diversification with commercial real estate by partnering with Hines.1
Hines observed the accelerating shift of corporations away from defined benefit pension plans toward plans with defined contributions that require individuals to assume a greater role in charting the direction of their own investments. The firm entered the retail investment market by sponsoring two non-traded REITs—Hines REIT and Hines Global REIT—in order to provide individual investors the opportunity to invest in assets traditionally available only to institutions. Please note that institutional investors invest on different terms and fee structures than individual investors.
In 2012, Hines introduced HMS Income Fund, a non-traded business development company, to expand upon the retail investment products it offers through Hines Securities and its network of independent broker-dealer firms.
Hines’ investment expertise includes:
- Experience in credit evaluation and underwriting tenants across industries and markets, including many middle-market companies.
- Hines’ acquisition and development experience includes 1,375 projects acquired, developed or in the development process globally with more than 458 million square feet.2
- Hines has assets under management that total $100 billion.3
- Through Hines Securities, Hines raised $6.9 billion in three public, non-traded real estate investment trusts (REITs) and one non-traded BDC.4
- Expertise in analyzing, valuing, structuring, negotiating and closing transactions.
You should not assume that the experience of Hines will translate into positive results for any investments in which Hines Securities is the dealer/manager.
1Investors are not acquiring an interest in Hines, and there is no guarantee that the experience of Hines will translate to positive results for HMS Income Fund.
2From inception through June 30, 2017.
3As of June 30, 2017. Includes $54.5 billion in assets that Hines manages as a fiduciary, including HMS Income Fund’s non-real estate assets, and $45.5 billion for which Hines provides third-party property management services.
4As of June 30, 2017.
For more information, read the prospectus for HMS Income Fund. Copies of the prospectus may be obtained from Hines Securities, Inc., 2800 Post Oak Blvd., Suite 4700, Houston, Texas 77056 or by calling 888.446.3773. You should read the prospectus carefully in order to fully understand the objectives, risks, sales charges, fees and expenses of HMS Income Fund before investing or sending money.